Introducing a new disc cultivator STROM ATLAS
Let us introduce you a new disc cultivator STROM ATLAS of the short conception which was officially presented in November at the Agritechnika exhibition in Hannover. We have already incorporated the semi-mounted model ATLAS AO into our product portfolio. The remaining members of the ATLAS model range …
Let us introduce you a new disc cultivator STROM ATLAS of the short conception which was officially presented in November at the Agritechnika exhibition in Hannover. We have already incorporated the semi-mounted model ATLAS AO into our product portfolio. The remaining members of the ATLAS model range with the working widths of 7 and 8 m (tilting forward the drawbar), named AE, or with the working widths of 10 and 12 m (conventional backward tilting), named AM, will appear in our portfolio in the second half of 2012. For more information visit our web site with regular reports.
I. Experience must earn revenue
A change to the production program as commented by the Sales Manager Ing. David Ryčl: „We have been devoting to the development and manufacture of disc cultivators for more than 10 years. Our long year experience has led to the production of successful cultivator series of the SwifterDisc short conception (Concept Swifter family member) with discs of 520 mm diameter. Another type named Discland with discs of 620 mm diameter was designed for severe conditions and greater depths. Just Discland leaves our portfolio this year and is replaced by a new, better and higher-quality model series of short discs called ATLAS.“
ATLAS will be used for:
- shallow tillage to a depth of 18 cm (ideally to 15 cm)
- quick and inexpensive stubble immediately after harvest and second stubble
- even tillage of large quantities of plant residues (indented shape of discs intensively process the plant residues and aggressive position of discs creates a high mixing effect)
- soil cultivation in tough conditions – more plant residues, or heavier soils
- both conventional and minimization methods of tillage
Brief characteristics of the ATLAS machine:
- 2 rows of indented discs with a diameter of 620×6 mm with constant geometry (wear does not affect the quality of work)
- each disc is attached by means of maintenance-free thrust bearings to a tine
- aggressive position of discs in combination with the indented shape works well even in difficult conditions
- each tine is attached to the frame in a maintenance-free manner using the Flexi-Box system and is secured with a spring
- Flexi-Box = lubrication of tine pins is history (see below)
- one row of steel bar rollers between the rows of discs
- 6 versions of rear rollers
- accessories – support wheels, side protectors, etc.
Thanks to this system, say goodbye to the lubrication of each tine pins. Its unique design, which we have been developing for more than 3 years, offers a completely maintenance-free, secure location of tine pins. The Flexi-Box system consists of rigid mounts, which are placed safely in a case at the bottom of the frame. This unique system not only offers a completely maintenance-free seating of pins, but also reduces micro vibrations transmitted from the working bodies to the frame. So the machine operator needs no longer lubricate each pin of the tine, and furthermore may enjoy even greater comfort when working with the machine.
The soil cultivator ATLAS was designed to multilateral and easy use of the machine throughout the season. Tines, individually protected against overload by the coil spring, securely copy the soil relief while working in the set depth. Aggressively positioned indented 620x6mm discs with a high thrust and high frame clearance predetermine the machine to be operated in difficult working conditions. Discs “cut” easily a large quantity of plant residues, which are then evenly mixed with the top layer of soil. The entire operation is completed by the rear roller (6 versions available) which settles and stiffens the surface. The ATLAS machine cultivates easily even the maize, high vegetation determined for green manure, slurry or other farmyard manure. Thanks to an excellent levelling effect of the short disc cultivator design, the machine can be well used for seedbed tillage.
|Atlas can be easy used in conventional and minimization tillage methods (see Chapter III.)||New disc cultivator STROM ATLAS AO|
Ing. David Pokorný